I’d been looking for some sort of oven fry recipe for awhile. I wanted a recipe with plenty of flavor and a nice crisp texture. Unfortunately, many of the recipes I tried failed in the second aspect. Finally, I found a recipe for Parmesan Roasted Potatoes that had a good combination of spices and had the texture I was looking for.
This potato wedge recipe has a wonderful garlic parmesan flavor with a nice saltiness that you look for in a french fry-type dish. The texture is perfect with a nice crunch on the outside and a soft inside. You’re sure to love it!
Perfect Oven-Roasted Potato Wedges
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
2 medium Yukon Gold Potatoes
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
3 tbsp. freshly-grated Parmesan Cheese (I use Parmigiano-Reggiano)
1 tsp. Garlic Salt
3/4 tsp. Paprika
Fresh-cracked Black Pepper
1. The first thing you want to do is scrub your potatoes since you’ll be eating the skins. You’ll get plenty of vitamins and minerals from the skin… you don’t need any more from dirt stuck to your potatoes. My potato scrubber is this cute googly-eyed guy that Amanda gave me for Christmas!
2. Once you’ve washed and scrubbed your potatoes, cut each one in half. Then cut each half in half and slice the halves into wedges as seen below. I usually get ~6 wedges down the length of the potato.
3. Soak the wedges in warm water for ~10 minutes. This will help remove some of the starch from the potatoes allowing them to crisp up nicely in the oven.
4. While the potatoes are soaking, combine your seasonings: parmesan, garlic salt, and paprika. Then drain the potatoes and pat dry with paper towels.
5. Put potatoes in a large bowl and add olive oil. Toss with your hands until all the wedges are well-coated. Then add your seasonings and toss again until the cheese and spices are well-distributed.
6. Arrange the wedges on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer and bake on the top rack of the oven at 425° F for 25 minutes.
7. After 25 minutes, flip the potato wedges and return to the oven for 15 minutes. I use tongs to flip each piece individually to make sure they get cooked on both sides. When you flip the wedges, they should be browning on the bottom.
8. When the wedges are done, they should be a beautiful golden-brown color and crispy on the outside. Season to taste with a little sea salt and black pepper and stir.
Serve as a side alongside your favorite burger (check out our Smoky Chipotle Burger) or grilled dish.